Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Sweet Baby Girl!!!!!!

Twelve months ago, a precious baby girl was born in Vietnam.


Aimée at 4 weeks


Here she is today; a vibrant one year old!

What a special day! My heart is full of many emotions. I am so proud to be her Maman. I am amazed by her little personality and cherish every "First" (first crawl, first words, first standing, first birthday). Adoption is a funny thing, as I celebrate this special birthday girl whom I have the honour of calling my daughter, I am reminded of a young woman's loss. I imagine her birth mother is thinking of Aimée today. My heart aches for her. No words can fully express the immense gratitude I feel towards her. How strange... I have never met, nor will I ever know this woman. However, I feel our hearts are meshed together for life. After all, she has given me the most precious gift there is.

5 comments:

Leslie & Shaune said...

Happy birthday to Aimee. She is such a sweet girl. I hope I can meet her sometime soon.

mimi lam said...

Happy Birthday Aimee, I delurked to wish baby Aimee a wonderful birthday, and many more to come,you will only become more beautiful. lovelier, and more graceful as you are getting older. I love her French name, and Aimee has such gentle, soft features and very lovely, sweet expression on all her pictures.

nicolina said...

Happy Birthday sweet sweet baby girl. It is November 8th and I thought I would catch up on your news. I hope it is not too late to tell Aimée that I too am glad she is in our lives. Today, I finally got to purchase the gift I've been waiting for. Here's a hint: I needed someone who could write vietamese. I will give it to you when I see you at Christmas. I can't wait!!
Bonne fete belle Aimée.
Nick and family xoxo

Unknown said...

A big Happy Birthday wish goes out to you from the Bairds. Sorry this is late arriving, we were visiting Mickey and Minnie. I'm sure one day your Mom will take you as well.
We hope you enjoyed your special day and wish you and your amazingly wonderful Mom many years of happiness.
Love Juli, Andy, Megan, Jason Mackenzie and Connor.

Deslu said...

Bonne fête Aimée avec un petit peu de retard.

Ta maman te traduiras mes voeux car le soir mon anglais n'est pas très bon.

Je te souhaite tout plein de belles années merveilleuses avec ta maman.

Le plus beau des cadeaux tu le partages avec ta maman mais, je suis certaine que tu auras beaucoup de jouet pour t'amuser.

Gros bisous des jumelles Émi-Ly et Lori-Anh ainsi que de leur maman Lucie