Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, June 9, 2008

Baby and Mommy are doing well!



Coming off the plane. Oh so happy.... Oh so tired!!!





Friends and family waiting at the airport to meet Aimée.





A very tired baby Aimée in her car seat for the 1st time.



Bye bye everyone... we need to get to our beds.



Aimée sleeping in her own crib, in her own room, in her own home!!!





Mémère feeding Aimée




We made it! We are home. Wow! That trip home was brutal. Sorry for not sugar coating it, but it was really not easy at all. Aimée found the plane ride very very difficult. I think I should get a refund on the plane fare because I pretty much walked to Canada from Vietnam. Aimée needed to be rocked and did not want to be seated. By the time we arrived home and we got settled I had been up almost 46 hours. Aimée managed to get a whopping four hours of cumulative sleep during the entire trip. Needless to say, we were both extremely tired. I don't care to be in another plane for a very long time. Apparently, women eventually forget about labour pain.... I am hoping that this is also true for "international adoption return trips". Thank heavens I have so many friends and family that have helped us over the last few days. Aimée and I are slowly getting over the jet lag and are trying to settle into a routine. It gets better every day.





Today we (Mom, Aimée and I) ran downtown to apply for Aimée's OHIP card. It was super easy. I could not believe it; I have gotten used to much confusion with paper work in Vietnam. I was surprised to see the office open during lunch hour. In Vietnam everything, and I do mean everything, shuts down (including government offices) for siesta time every afternoon. The locals go to sleep wherever they are. We have seen men sleeping on mopeds and older women sleeping on newspapers in the middle of the sidewalks. (I so wanted to get my picture taken curled up beside these ladies, but; we did not have enough time.)





I am thrilled to be home with my daughter! I love my friends and family! I love my dog! I love Canada! I love Costco! I love tap water you can drink. I love traffic lights.

5 comments:

horths said...

What amazing pictures of Aimée`s homecoming!

It must have been so emotional to see so many loved one`s there to greet you.

Glad you are home, and that Aimée is getting accustomed to her home, her crib, her dog, her room, her country, her family... etc.

Loving the updates,

Hugs from Regina

Shauna said...

Thanks for the update. I am sure that you are still catching up on your sleep...! It is great to have you back. Give me a call when you are up to a visit.

acrossthepond said...

Lovely pictures. I am sure you will catch up on your sleep soon enough and settle into your own routine. We shall be thinking of you

Tracy

Deslu said...

Bonjour Michelle,

Je peux vous garantir que l'on oublie ça, le retour du voyage.

Lorsque le décalage horaire sera passé, vous verrez que ça va vous paraître moins pire.

L'important c'est que vous avez rapporté ce que vous étiez allé chercher... votre belle Aimée.

Bienvenu dans votre demeure et plein de bonheure à venir,

Lucie
Maman des jumelles Lori-Anh et Émi-Ly du Vietnam

nicolina said...

You look so happy and Aimée looks like she's doing great. Nadia just saw her for the time and said "Ahhh! she's so cute". I saw Jill last night and gave her your blog address.

Take care of yourself mommy.

Love Nick