Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Rose By Any Other Name

I love that little face!!!!



Mmmmm.... Mmmm... Mmmm... Nummy.. Num... Num!!





Hamming it up for the camera after her bath.



Aimée and I have been together for three weeks now and it is all still so magical. I say with great pride that she is thriving. Her legs and and core muscles are getting stronger every day. I am sure she will be sitting up very soon. She is eating better too! She likes fruit and cheerios but still does not care much for cereal. She thinks Casey is a hoot, but; Casey still is not very interested in Aimée (unless of course she has milk dripping down her face or she is in the bath with all those oh so wonderful chewey bath toys). She loves to laugh and even laughs in her sleep. I am convinced she sees fairies and angels. Often she gazes into what appears to be nothing and giggles and squeals with delight. She kicks and splashes in the bathtub. She is so full of energy and life. The flip side is she not much of a sleeper. We are trying to work on that. The girl does not want to miss a minute of anything and fights falling asleep. We do the bath and massage routine before bed every night. She will fall asleep but does not stay sleeping for long. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Yesterday, we took Aimée for her very first trip to Value Village. Some may say she is too young for such an adventure, but I couldn't wait any longer. I have been sooooooooo excited to share this special mother daughter moment. This is what life is all about Baby, recycling and treasure hunting! Woohoo! Well, she slept for the most part... go figure!?? We will try again.

My mom is leaving tomorrow. It has been so nice having her here with us. Aimée has become quite fond of her Mémère and loves when her Mémère plays with her and makes her laugh. Aimée sometimes babbles "Dadadada" and Mom and I always answer with "Nope, no Dadadada here Bébé! It's Mamamamamama!!!!!" Aimée finds this very funny.

I am so very glad Aimée and I have found each other. We were meant to be a family
!

4 comments:

Deslu said...

Bonjour Michelle,

Ta fille est superbe!

Voici ce qui a marché avec mes jumelles pour le dodo plus long...
Dès qu'elles ont commencé à manger de la viande (en petit pot de bébé) elles ont commencé à dormir plus de 4 hrs de suite. J'ai commencé le midi et par la suite le soir. Lorsqu'elles ont mangées de la viande le soir... elle on commencées à dormir leur nuit. Ensuite, je leur ai mis 5 à 6 suces dans leur lit, lorsqu'elles en avait une seulement, elles ne réussisait pas à la trouver la nuit et pleurait. Avec plusieurs suces, ça a marché. Comme elles sont 2 dans la chambre, elles n'ont pas vraiment fait d'anxiété. Tu pourrais essayer de dormir un nuit ou deux avec une doudou et la lui donner. Le fait de sentir ton odeur pourrait la sécuriser. Il parrait aussi qu'un Tic Tac régulier calme aussi. Mes filles ont commencé à dormir de belles nuits environ 5 semaines après leur arrivé. Finalement, la routine était toujours la même, bain à 19h00/19h30 et dodo à 20h00 avec la même petite musique pour endormir. Après presque une année la routine a un peu changé mais la musique est la même.

Bonne chance,
Lucie maman des jumelles Lori-Anh et Émi-Ly

nicolina said...

Hi Mich. The kids and I were just admiring Aimée. Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful!

Unfortunately, all my four were not sleepers. Unitil, that is, I brought them to bed with me. This might start a great debate on your blog page! I can hear the ladies just screeching. There is much info out there on the family bed. Shaun and I loved it! And no, they don't still sleep with me. And yes, they're well ajusted.

I always look at it this way, we seem to be the only species who do not sleep with their young.?!

Anyway, basically, it's trial and error until you figure out what works for you and what your limits are. It all works out in the end.
xoxoNick

horths said...

Mich, Aimée is truly beautiful. Her smiles show indeed that she`s thriving. LOVE HER!!!

My tips for sleeping are similar to the responses you already got. The more food Kael ate during the day, the better he slept. He needs his soother at night. We have 2 or 3 on hand as well. We often find a few under his crib in the morn!

We also had Kael sleep with us for the first 3 months. Things that helped to do the big move to his crib: a blanket or shirt with my smell, music - he has his favourite lullaby cd play every night. Sarah McLauglan is his favourite singer!!

Kael still wakes every 3 or 4 hours. He is fine after I give him a drink of water.

It does get better!

And who needs sleep anyway ;)

acrossthepond said...

Beautiful beautiful! I think she looks like you!

As for the sleep thing. Well....you basically do what you can. Little Miss.O slept no longer than 20 mins at a time and the only way I got any sleep was when she was tucked up in bed next to me! She slept there along with Otis until she was 5 ! She still needs little sleep and has always gone to bed the same time as me. So basically you go with your gut and sometimes buy a bigger bed! Good luck! It will all work out eventually. Olivia was thrilled to see her at school this week and I am glad you are still blogging.
It's good to see you are training her young to be a good shopper!
Tracy