Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Feel Good Weekend

What a fabulous weekend we had! Aimée and I drove out to Burlington to meet up with the two families that traveled to Vietnam at the same time I did to adopt our children. I don't know how to put in words how good it was for my soul to visit with them. I still feel warm all over.
Daniel, Aimée and Noah






O.K. then...... I guess the photo shoot is now over.

Aimée wants to play!!!




It was so neat to see the three babies together after four months. How they have changed. They know exactly who their parents are. The miracle of adoption is that in their eyes there was no miracle... this is simply the way it was always suppose to be. I am sure if they could speak they would say: "Yah, yah... that's my mom, that's my dad... what's the big deal?"


On the last evening of our visit, we watched videos and looked at some pictures from our trip. It was very emotional. Here are some pictures from when we were in Vietnam.
I LOVE this picture of Aimée.

In a matter of moments from the time this next picture was taken, I would be walking out of the orphanage with Aimée in my arms. I would be caring for her from then on.



My heart was racing.
Aimée was so tiny. Here, (at 7 months) she is wearing a 3-6 month outfit and it is falling off of her.







Here, Aimée and I are at the Canadian Embassy waiting for Aimée's passport.




Check out the maple leaf patterned couch!





Bananas anyone???


I call this next photo "East meets West"








On Saturday we went apple and pumpkin picking. It was a blast.























































1 comment:

Leslie & Shaune said...

hi,
i found j's phone number if you still needed it.
give me an email at:

leslielightfoot72(AT)gmail(DOT)com