Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, October 23, 2008

My big girl

We celebrated Aimée's first birthday last weekend. It was a few weeks early but my parents, nephew and sister were here in Ottawa. It was so nice to have them here and be part of the celebration.



Birthday girl looking oh so serious!




Unfortunately, the pictures do not show how incredibly excited she became when the cake came out and everybody sang her Happy birthday. She was vibrating head to toe.



Aimée adores this little truck from Mémère. She could sit on it for hours. She loves being pushed in it and shouts at you if you stop.







Aimée playing with her cousin Kael



It was so nice having my family here for the week. We celebrated Thanksgiving with an awesome turkey dinner. My father helped me (or should I say I helped my father) repair some frames on my windows just in time for the winter. My sister and I had the chance to just hang out together. One of the bigger events was Mémère taking Aimée to get her ears pierced. This was something my mother was really looking forward to for a long time. However, I do think she was second guessing the whole thing when she was told she would have to hold Aimée down. Aimée only made a small whimper and did not cry at all. She was fine for the rest of the day.




Here is Aimée shortly after getting her ears pierced. She is trying to pinch my nose. I knew then that she was feeling just fine.






On Tuesday, Mémère joined Aimée for her swim lesson.




She is doing awesome at the pool. She can blow bubbles and knows to hold her breath under water. She does not cry when we put her head under water. I am so proud of my big girl!


In this next picture, Aimée and I are singing "Alice the Camel" (Alice happens to have way too many humps in my opinion). Beside us are our good friends Jeff and baby Michael (Mommy Jo-Ann is taking the picture)




Aimée realy likes music. She will listen to her Pépère sing and play the guitar forever. She will tap one leg and sing with him or throw her arms up in the air and orchestrate. Our friend Tracy gave her a brilliant little set of musical instruments for her birthday. Aimée loves taking them out and shaking them all. A few weeks ago she had her first opportunity to play the piano at her cousins. Here is my little Mozart!


New development: 1. Aimée has learnt she can clap her hands. So cute!


2. Aimée can now pull herself up to a standing position.

1 comment:

Chantal said...

elle est tellement mignone !!! j'espère que ma fille sera aussi jolie qu'elle

chantal