Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

First Progress Report

Aimée and I have been a family now for just over six months. Our first progress report has been completed. It will now be translated and sent to Vietnam along with various pictures of Aimée. One copy goes to the government and one copy goes to the orphanage. When you adopt from Vietnam, you must sign an agreement stating you will complete these progress reports up until when your child turns 18. Completing her first report took me a great deal of time. I really wanted to convey how well Aimée is doing. The government and (more importantly in my opinion) the birth family, if they wish, have the opportunity to see Aimée's development. I do hope that Aimée's birth mother (when and if she is ready) follows her progress. I want her to know that she has created a beautiful, wonderful and sweet little girl. I am tremendously proud of Aimée and I hope that through these reports her birth mother will be too. These reports are my only link to her and I want to make sure they are done just right.
Aimée and Maman (6 months post adoption)


Yes... This kiss was solicited, but, she does kiss her Maman on her own too.

Those kisses melt my heart.











We spent last week in North Bay at my parents. Aimée now knows and loves her grandparents.

A little jam session with Pépère.




However, what she REALLY loves in North Bay is Mom and Dad's dishwasher. In fact, it has become at bit of an obsession. She could spend hours at a time with the dishwasher if we let her.

She loves to look at it and talk to it.

(sorry it is sideways... I don't know how to fix that)

She also loves to climb right in it.



Aimée is becoming very interactive and playful (perhaps even cheeky). She likes to tease Casey with Casey's all time favorite toy (frisbee).

Unfortunately, the quality of the video is not so good.


Happy girl!



1 comment:

Chantal said...

Aimée est de plus en plus jolie!!! J'espère que ma puce sera aussi belle et en santé qu'elle !

Chantal