Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Cabin Fever!!!

Going out these cold days is not easy. Aimée does not enjoy being in her snowsuit. She grunts and squirms. By the time she is all bundled up I am exhausted. Before I can remember why exactly we are going out, she has wiggled out of her boots and pulled off her hat and mitts. Ugh!!!

"Can you find the baby?"


These days, we are just staying inside where it is warm. Aimée is finding all kinds of things to get into at home. She has definitely moved from baby stage to toddler stage. She enjoys playing in her kitchen and scattering the dishes all over the place. She loves playing with her Roll-Around balls and tossing them all over the place. She adores playing with her farm house and whipping the animals all over the place. Are you getting a clear visual of the state of my home? It is a landmine of toys and I have waved the white flag and surrendered.

Every girl needs to learn how to fix her own car by starting with the basic etiquette of mechanics: Every tool has its own place. Here is Aimée whipping her tools around moments after I picked them up. Is it just me, or do you see a slight naughty twinkle in her eyes too? (Check out the hair sprouting from her helmet. Very nice look!)


Basement has been taken over!


The other day, I did not close the door to the powder room properly. Would Aimée be a baby if she passed up on that glorious opportunity? Thank heavens I caught her before she began unrolling the second and third roll.





Well, I have found a solution to all this antsiness and it goes something like this:
"Come along and sing a song
And join the jamboree!
M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E"



Hot Dog! Hot Dog! Hot Diggity Dog! We are going to Florida next Saturday for two weeks! We will be joining my parents who are already there (snow birds). My sister, Denise, will be meeting us there along with her family too. I can hardly wait. Tinker Bell, get your fairy dust ready! Cinder, Belle, make room for a few more princesses... 'cause we are coming with bells on!!!!

4 comments:

Shauna said...

I cannot believe the hair! I guess we have not seen you for a while! Cute photos! As for the toys, I find that a glass of red wine helps.

Leslie & Shaune said...

lucky you. enjoy the warm weather. i'm having florida envy lately - our friends just got back from disney and the heat.

i'm sick of winter already, bleck

:)

Yvonne&Rene said...

Aimee looks like you have been giving your mother a taste of what the terrible two's are going to be like. I like the bathroom scene. We are anxious to have you here with us in Florida. We will have you in a bikini instead of a snowsuit pretty soon.

Memere and Pepere

Beverly said...

I too love the bathroom pictures. Be glad it was just a roll of toilet paper and not a toilet full of toys. Enjoy your trip South and I will be waiting to see those princess pictures.

Bev.