Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, February 8, 2008

Time is the longest distance between two places. ~Tennessee Williams

My heart is heavy today. I was told by the agency yesterday that I will not likely be traveling now before the end of March. Yet another delay!!!! This waiting has definitely been the hardest thing to deal with throughout the adoption process. It seems I am forever waiting to commence my next waiting period. And well, I have never really been the most patient person to begin with…. as a child I always tried to sneak a peak at my Christmas gifts early. But now, I REALLY get the whole patience thing. If this was meant to teach me a life lesson; I got it. Now, if we could just hurry the heck up and get on with it. ;)

Another month and a half seems like an eternity. I am desperate to hold Aimée in my arms and to have her know her Mommy is there. I want to rock her in my arms and rub her little back. I want to be there when she cries and reassure her that everything is o.k. I want to bathe her, feed her and yes… I can’t wait to even diaper her.

It helps to know it is already tomorrow in Vietnam!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Mich! The time will fly by - don't worry. With report cards, then March Break, then it'll be time to go before you know it!!

Hugs
Tanya :)

Leslie & Shaune said...

I'm sorry to read of the delays. Shoot, that sucks. Thinking of you and hoping for a surprise that will get you there sooner.

Leslie