Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Stacking!!!

During Aimée's last three pediatrician visits, I have been asked if Aimée stacks blocks. The answer is always no. I have explained to her that Aimée just never seems interested in stacking blocks. She always gets this concerned look on her face and writes something down in her chart. Then she gets up and brings Aimée some wooden blocks so she can observe for herself. Aimée smacks them together, throws them on the floor or puts them in her mouth. I smile pleasantly while secretly begging God to will Aimée into stacking the darn blocks. She never does. The doctor tells me I need to work on this with Aimée.
Today, Aimée got into the groceries in the front entrance. She sorted through the bags and pulled out all the baby prune containers. I found her on the stairs stacking them. "Yippee! What a glorious day" My heart leaped for joy. I will be bringing the following video along with 5 baby prune containers to our next visit!!!!

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Eesh! As if that's a necessary skill. I still can't get over how she found and turned on our stereo five seconds into the house, and that was months ago. My boys still don't know where the music comes from.

Chantal said...

Moi si j'avais le choix de jouer avec des block de bois ou des pots de nourriture...hummmm je prendais LA BOUFFE !!!! Elle a comprit déjà compris le principle la belle Aimée !!

Beverly said...

YEAH!!!! You must be very proud Mama

Bev.