Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Greetings from the walking dead!

O.K. That may have been a little too dramatic. Sorry man, but zombies are the first thing that pops into my head when I think of our last few weeks. In four weeks, Aimée has had 3 different colds. This last one is the mother of all colds. She has fevers, hacking coughs, congestion, diarrhea and night time vomiting. She shared her last cold with me. Three hip hip hurrays for daycare germs!
Work has also been draining! Last week our school got the terrible news that we were being reorganized. After 6 weeks of hard work and many many many extra hours preparing for my grade one class, I have learnt that I will now be teaching a Grade 1/2 split. For my teacher friends out there, I know you feel my pain and know how devastating and discouraging this would be. Getting prepared for a new class (not to mention a new grade I have never taught before) this late requires many late nights.
Despite her colds, Aimée's spirits have been very good. She loves playing with her new friends at daycare. This morning when I dropped her off, she ran up to the other little girl her age and they both hugged. It was the sweetest thing. I am seeing so many changes in Aimée. She continues to develop her cheeky sense of humor.
"Look, Maman!" "I am coloring!"

"Bravo, Bébé! You color in your book not on the walls."

"Walls?""You mean these walls?"
"Oops!'
"It was an accident!"

Aimée had some testing at CHEO last week. She is still having difficulties with her swallowing and eating. She had some x-rays done on her while she drank. It took 5 hours which made for a long day. The first set of x-rays were the worst. Three technicians held Aimée down with her arms above her head. Aimée screamed and cried for maybe half an hour. She got over it pretty quickly though. If only we could forget as quickly as our children do.

"Barium?"
"What the hay.. bottoms up!"
or bottoms down...

2 comments:

B said...

Yikes, I feel your pain my friend. So does Ben!

Chantal said...

Pauvre petite chouette, c'est pas drôle tout ça, j'espère que tout s'arrangera bientot.

La dernière photo mériterait d'être mise dans une cadre et posée sur un mur !