Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

May 26th, 2008.

A year ago yesterday, Aimée and I officially became a family. I have been on an incredible high reminiscing over every single detail of those first few days with Aimée. It meant so much to me that my mother was here to celebrate with us.
We celebrated our first "Gotcha Day" in a way we never dreamed possible. We met up with Hoa Binh's orphanage director, Thuy(TDH in country facilitator), TDH staff, familiar adoptive families and a group of special delegates from Vietnam for a picnic that just happened to be organized by TDH for May 26. Between you and me, I secretly told Aimée that all these people were really here for OUR special day. But really, could it be any more perfect!!!! It was so awesome to visit with everyone there!
Last evening, we had a special Vietnamese meal for dinner and shared drinks and cake with friends. Just when I thought our day could not get any sweeter it did. Hannah called Aimée by her name for the first time. "Maymay!" It deeply touched my heart. In that moment, I finally found the answer to a nagging question. On occasion, I have worried and wondered if my love alone was enough for Aimée. Hannah reminded me that Aimée has so much more than that. She has a large number of tremendously loving friends and family in her little life. All of whom she would not know if things were any other way. I went to bed last night full of peace and pride. Aimée and I are doing terrific. She is a very happy little girl full of love. I know this is where she belongs.

If there was any doubt as to whether the Vietnamese

officials really cared about the children...



Jacqueline and Sadie

Hélène, Manon and Dorinda from TDH

Feeding Maman


Feeding Mémère



Girls from Hoa Binh with director and delegates.

Hannah, Cindy and Aimée and I

Thuy and representative from the People's Committee

Cindy, Grandma and Hannah

Samantha, Woody and the Adorable Twosome.

Sadie and Jim (one of my favourite pictures of the day)

Dena and Sarah

Saying goodbye to Thuy

Bye Bye from Mr Luu (orphanage director)

6 comments:

Samantha said...

I was just reading your blog while you were commenting on mine!

No problem about the photos - I was thinking about that too but I figure everyone should know by now where our photos will end up when they pose...

We would love to get together more. Please keep Sunday July 19th 1 to 3 pm open for the boys' 1st birthday.

Have a great day!

Leslie & Shaune said...

looks like a lovely day. what a special extended family you get when we adopt. i loved seeing an update on all my fav little ones.

happy 1 yr together!

Yvonne&Rene said...

Your song choice for this special day is very appropriate. Again I am very thrilled to have been able to share this wonderful day with you and Aimee. I felt fortunate to have been able to meet so many of the families that are giving so much love to all of these babies. There is no possible way that these directors could have any doubts about how MUCH LOVE surrounded all of these precious children.
Memere

Pepere said...

what a beauriful tribute to all the the adopted children. thanks so much for sharing these special moment, Aimée and all you love with us.
I love you both tremendously.

XOXO

pepère

Chantal said...

Vous avez l'air d'avoir une super belle journée!

Moi je suis une personne qui croit beaucoup au destin et je pense que nos enfants nous sont destinés depuis toujours. Alors Aimée t'étais destinée juste à toi, en plus, vous vous ressemblez tellement, ca n'a aucun sens!

Vous êtes une très belle famille toutes les deux !

chantal xxx

Kelly said...

Michelle every time I read your blogs I get teary eyed. She might not know it yet but Aimee is one lucky girl. You treasure every moment and enjoy doing it. So many people start out taking lots of pictures and things and then it dies off. Aimee will one day be able to look back and see all the things she has done and the people whose lives she has touched.