Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, March 7, 2008

The power of.... the "Happy Face"

This morning I saw an apparition. I swear it is true. I went to put my toothbrush away and there it was, an authentic “wet-mark-happy-face” on my counter. The two dotted eyes and half circle smile were unmistakable. It may not be as impressive as the time a man found the apparitions of Jesus Christ in his moldy bread; but, it brought tears to my eyes. I even dashed downstairs to get the camera so I could record the moment. Unfortunately, water on counter does not photograph so well. You will just have to believe me. It was really a happy face!

I have been having a particularly difficult week. It turns out that the “No-Objection” letter that was issued to me from the Ministry had a slight flaw. It gave me approval to adopt an infant MALE. This is problematic.... Aimée is female! Also, my projected travel date has once again been pushed back. I am now looking at early April. Ugh.... My heart aches terribly. The worst thing about my week is that I learned that 9 babies from various northern Vietnamese orphanages have died due to a rhino virus (apparently it is a simple cold virus). The babies that were infected by this virus developed pneumonia. Many other babies are very sick in the hospital. Here are two links to news reports: http://vietnamnews.vnagency.com.vn/showarticle.php?num=02HEA260208 and http://english.vietnamnet.vn/social/2008/02/769338/ My heart goes out to the adoptive families who were waiting to bring these babies home, the nannies at the orphanages, and the natural parents who hoped for a better life for their children. I can’t help but worry about Aimée and hope she stays safe.

Now you understand why the happy face brought tears to my eyes. I have been an emotional wreck this week. It felt like I was given a little sign. Things will be o.k. I may very well be going completely insane because I took sincere comfort in that little wet smudge on my bathroom counter this morning.

A friend of mine brought this little quote to my attention. I really like it.

"Everything will turn out okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end. ... “
--Unknown

No comments: