Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

With all my love.....


I sent a small parcel to Aimée via a kind hearted woman I met through an adoption forum. She is adopting a little girl named Sarah from the same orphanage as Aimée and will be traveling in just a few days. Choosing what to send my baby girl was very exciting and difficult all at once. How do you wrap all the love in your heart into a package? After lots and lots of thought, I chose to send her a soft pink blanket, "faux-Robeez" Eyore slippers and tiny wrist rattles. I read in an article that it is helpful for the baby’s transition if the adoptive parents sleep with a blanket (so it has the parents’ smell) and then send it to the child. I am not completely convinced this is truly effective but I certainly did not want to pass up this opportunity just in case. I slept with the blankie. I hugged the blankie. I even blew the blankie some tender kisses (Lucky Blankie!).

I was in a minor car accident last week during the March break and strained my neck in the process. I am going to physiotherapy daily. I need to heal quickly. “Operation: Bringing Baby Aimée Home” is hopefully just a few weeks away (my agency purchased TENTATIVE plane tickets for April 4th), quick, knock on wood please. The very last thing I want is a sore neck while I am traipsing through the airport with a new baby and diaper bag in one hand, luggage, stroller and carry-ons in the other. I am going to think positively and visualize a pain free limber neck. The sports psychology course I took in university has not gone to waste after all!

1 comment:

Leslie & Shaune said...

Oh, J mentioned she was taking Aimee your package. I am so happy you are able to send something. I'm going out to dinner with J tomorrow night to send her off with love and best wishes. She fell down the stairs, poor girl and hurt her back. Sounds like you 2 are in the same boat... except she has no time for physio. i am beyond excited to see her go and bring home Sarah :) You are next!!! I will keep my fingers crossed that you are flying out April 4th. I will be flying HOME from Florida that day, I'll think of you ;)

Sorry about your accident. I hope you are back in ship shape asap!