Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Who says Seuss is for kids????


Tonight, I feel a bit like one of Dr Seuss’ characters. Do you remember Horton from "Horton Hatches the Egg" (also in “Horton Hears a Who”)? He is the cheerful simple-minded elephant that sits on an egg for 51 weeks while Mayzie the bird takes off for an indefinite break. Horton sits up there atop the tree committed to this tiny egg. He never ever falters in his determination despite the harsh winter snow and the hot spring sun. Finally, after going through all kinds of crazy ordeals the egg hatches and out comes a little “elephant-bird” that he loves as his own son.
Like Horton, I wait and wait. It does not appear that I will be traveling April 4th. The agency is not really sure at this time when I will travel; so, I will sit back and wait atop my tree committed to my precious egg. I know that very soon my dreams will come true.

“The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.”
-Arnold H. Glasgow

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

We are thinking of you often.

Hope to hear good news soon!

Love from us, and all the kids,
Bonnie

Leslie & Shaune said...

i just spoke with Jacqueline on the phone. i am glad she will at least be able to visit your daughter and give her your mommy gift. i need to buy this book, - i am a huge Suess fan. yet i've never read this one. i must remedy that!

thinking of you.
leslie