Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Hurray!

As of Friday, all the Vietnamese documents have been received and approved by the Ontario Ministry. I have been issued a Letter of Non-Objection, which basically means the adoption is a go ahead. I am no longer waiting for a single document to be sent, received or approved.



My agency must now schedule the Giving and Receiving Ceremony (official adoption ceremony) in Hanoi. How incredibly exciting! Then, it is just a matter of buying the plane tickets, finishing my packing and going! It looks like I may be leaving in around three weeks (Easter weekend). Please keep your fingers crossed, say a prayer, do a dance, sacrifice a pig, light a candle, or whatever it is you do for good luck. Repeat after me "No more delays.... No more delays.... No more delays..." (and if you own a pair of ruby red slippers, would you now please tap them three times?).

"Sweet little Aimée, I am coming very soon to take you home!"

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

WOOHOO!!!
Congratulations!

Leslie & Shaune said...

that is wonderful to read! wow, lets hope the next 3 wks FLY by. i will be checking in on your often and following your journey. i'm very excited for you.
can't wait to follow in your footsteps ;)

leslie

Shauna said...

FINALLY!!!

I am thrilled for you both, and I am keeping you in my prayers!

Love,
Shauna

Anonymous said...

Wow - that's wonderful!
I know that you're counting down the days!
Tanya