Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, March 22, 2008

"Sweetheart, life as you know it is over! "






“What’s wrong with this picture?
What’s wrong with this picture?
There’s something that doesn’t fit.
I can feel it in the pit…
Of my stomach!
Oh dear Casey, it’s you!!!!”



I have been slowly bringing up the baby gear from the basement. I set the playpen up in the living room behind the love seat (seemed like a good enough place at the time). Well, I admit I went a little overboard and placed some new baby toys in it too so I could really get the feel for it. Later on, I was in the kitchen making some coffee when I started hearing little bells, squeaks and rattles. I was not losing my mind. I followed the sound to the living room. There, sitting in the middle of the playpen with a prized dolly in her mouth and a wagging tail was Casey. She must have climbed the back of the sofa and jumped into the playpen. She was obviously very pleased with herself (that is until she wanted to get out, but that’s another story).
My darling Casey has an incredible nose for latex, rubber and plastics. She can sniff out a toy from anywhere, and I do mean anywhere. If you asked Casey, she would tell you that toys are better than food. She loves to scatter her billions of toys all over the house. Poor girl, toy distinguishing is going to be a hard lesson for her to learn. It should make for interesting playtimes.

Hopefully, my baby proofing skills will be much better than my dog proofing skills!!!

No comments: