Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, February 9, 2009

I really am doing this....

I sometimes feel like I am a "mother-impostor".

"Huh?"


Well, I am doing what mothers do and saying what mothers say, but I am not always feeling like I am a real mother. Do other women sometimes feel this way when they first become mothers? Tonight, I felt like a real mom. It was the way we just went through our evening routine so comfortably and without really thinking about it. It was familiar for both of us. It was also the way Aimée beamed when I kissed her forehead and told her I loved her. She knew it was coming and anticipated it with giddiness. I know it is a simple thing and all mothers do it. The thing is, Aimée expects it of me. She expects it of me because I am her Maman. Now, that's confirmation.....

3 comments:

Catherine said...

She is THE cutest thing in the world. I remember seeing pictures of her when my cousin Jacqueline went to Vietnam to pick up her daughter Sadie. I LOVE the color of her hair-our daughter Isabella has jet black hair....what is the ethnicity of Aimee?? I know Sadie and Bella are Nung.

Michelle said...

Hi Catherine
Aimée's ethnicity is Kinh. I was expecting her to have jet black hair, but I was pleasantly surprised to learn we had the same hair colour.
I was so please to read on your blog that Sadie is doing well. I must contact Jaqueline and get caught up. You have a beautiful family and I enjoy reading your blog.

Kelly said...

This is the best picture of Aimee! It made me giggle!!