Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, February 28, 2009

A Date WithThe Ambassador!

We had such an amazing day today. This morning we had a house full of babies. Well o.k. maybe not FULL, but there were four (it seemed like a lot when they were all doing their own thing). Four beautiful baby girls from Hoa Binh, Vietnam; all adopted from the same orphanage. If fact, these four girls actually slept together in one room at one time. How cool is that? They are now halfway around the world and meeting once again. I was full of warm fuzzies watching the girls together. These children are so very cherished. They are happy, secure and thriving. Because of adoption, all our lives (parents and babies) have been transformed into something magnificent and magical. I am so proud and thankful to be part of this "secret society". Seriously! I have found joy in its purest form. I guess I am digressing here....
We all went to the home of Mr Nguyen Duc Hung, Ambassador of Vietnam. His family kindly hosted a reception for families who have adopted children from Vietnam. I was in awe watching all these families with their little Vietnamese babies. Babies, babies and more babies everywhere! So cute! I could see a bit of Aimée in all their faces. It was a very nice event and I look forward to attending again with old and new faces (Little Meg, Vanh and Maxem and their families)
Aimée ready for the party in her Ao dai (Traditional Vietnamese attire primarily for women).


Hannah and Aimée playing at the house.


Hannah (14 months), Aimée (16 months) and Sadie (a little over two)



Léane(12 months) and her maman Marie-France





Sadie is the daughter of Jim and Jaqueline. They adopted Sadie shortly before I adopted Aimée in May. Here is a picture of Jaqueline and Sadie with Aimée and a nanny back at the orphanage.

Here is Jaqueline with Aimée today.

Baby girls from Hoa Binh.



I just missed a great shot. If I had been a moment quicker with my camera, I would have caught Hannah with her arm around her buddy Aimée.


Mr Nguyen Duc Hung (Ambassador of Vietnam), Mrs. Tran Thi Vinh, Aimée and I
Dorinda (director of TDH) and Aimée



Cindy and Hannah with Aimée and I

8 comments:

woodyo said...

Hello, this is Vanh writing...
And this is Maxem. You can call me Max...
We noticed that you girls are looking forward to having Meggie with you...
That's great - we think she is cute too...
But we are feeling a little left out...
Don't you like boys?...
You might one day you know...

Leslie & Shaune said...

oh i am super jealous and cannot wait to attend this next year hopefully... with my meg who will be 14 mo old by then! Aimee and Sadie have grown and changed so much. I must get up there and meet them.



woody or samantha... i'm sure your 2 boys will the object of all the girls devotion! you'll have to chase them all away with a stick when the time comes :)

Catherine said...

HEY! I know that little girl with the HUGE bow in her hair:) I heard you all had a wonderful time!!! We will have to meet up when we come to Canada in the summer!

Kelly said...

Beautiful pics you all look awsome dressed up!

woodyo said...

Us again...
Great to have an excuse to check out all the babes again...
What my brother means is the beautiful girls and ladies...
Mom lets us do whatever we want as long as we're not screaming...
Yeah, it's funny how many people she told we wouldn't watch TV, not even Baby Einstein...
Last night we got to watch Arnold blow people away for an hour! But we prefer cartoons...

Beverly said...

Love the photos. You all look so happy. I guess I will have to come by for one of those drinks. Sounds like something I would enjoy. Besides I think I owe Aimee and you a visit. Will check to see what works for you both.

Bev.

Samantha said...

Hi Michelle, this is Samantha. Just got up and discovered what my children have been up to all night. I am so sorry - I love your blog, and all the messages you have sent, I really appreciate them and would never dream of complaining.

I was wondering why none of the Mommies are wearing ao dais? Is it because you didn't want to - or is it a faux pas?

Jacqueline said...

Hi Michelle,

I LOVE all of the photos from the luncheon on Saturday. We had such a good time. Would you please contact me at jacqueline.miller@queensu.ca? I can't find your email address.

Thank you.