Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Friends Make Teething Less Painful For Both Mom and Baby!


Aimée is teething again. It seems no sooner does one tooth push through, in comes another. Aimée and I would kindly like a little break from the teething thing. Who do I negotiate this with? Do you think the Tooth Fairy might be willing to get involved? I am at a lost. Aimée is clingy, whiny and not sleeping much. When I brushed her teeth tonight I could see just how red and swollen some of her gums are. Poor, babe.

We still managed to have a great day despite the teething. We had some friends over for a Vietnamese lunch. All of it was homemade by Cindy and I, and it was delicious; if I may say so myself. On the menu was fresh spring rolls, marinated chicken on skewers, spring rolls, pickled salad, vinegar beef fondue, bubble tea (of course) and coconut cake with ice cream. It was very exciting going through the recipe books. I really enjoyed making these dishes. This is big, I mean really BIG, because, I do not care much for cooking usually.

Aimée and Hannah



This next picture is a rarity. It is a picture of Aimée and Kathryn. Although Aimée and I see her all the time, getting her on camera is a challenge. Kathryn is camera shy. I am very pleased that we managed to get this picture. Kathryn is so very special to both of us. You can really see in her face just how much she loves Aimée.



Baby toe nail clipping




Why a picture of a tiny toe nail clipping? Because that frigging piece of nail nearly crippled me for life. I was clipping Aimée’s toe nails when it flew straight into my eye ball. It took almost fifteen agonizing minutes for the darn thing to work its way out of my eye. Who knew clipping baby toe nails could be so hazardous? I am getting goggles!

2 comments:

Beverly said...

Looks like the fun continues for you and Aimee. Sound like a very interesting lunch.

Only you, Michelle, could have that toe nail thing happen to you.

Bev.

Samantha said...

Hee heee heee (toenail story)

I am still having trouble with their fingernails - one of my students wondered if I tell them apart by the placement of the scratches on their faces...