Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Mama Said There Would Be Days Like This!


Aimée is still very out of sorts today. Nothing can lift her mood. Not Bert, not Ernie, not even the swings and slide at the park could do it today. She has been fighting me on just about everything (coat, car seat, shoes, food, nap, hat, and DIAPER CHANGE to mention a few). At the park Aimée ended up having a wet bottom because, unbeknown to me, the diaper I severely struggled with before the walk only covered one tiny cheek. Before even removing my shoes and coat once home, I brought Aimée to the change pad. Aimée was twisting, turning and screaming. My dog Casey was barking because she wanted to go outside. My blood pressure was rising. The door knocked. Casey went on a barking frenzy. Aimée was still pantless and screaming. I got the door and it was a friend. I begged her to come in and save me. Casey became hyper and was scaring my friend's baby. Again, I attempted to change Aimée's diaper. Again, she kicked, squirmed and screamed. I was reaching the end of my rope and decided we both needed a moment to calm down. I let her stand by the couch with her naked bottom airing. Do you know where this is going? Within seconds, Aimée peed on her shoes, the floor and a nearby pillow. My friend could not hide her laughter. Their visit was short. I went upstairs to get new pants for Aimée and stepped in something wet.... Casey peed in the hall. I cried.

I discovered Aimée's two top eye teeth have just begun to cut through today. I am praying this is the cause of her recent behaviour changes and she will be back to her sweet little self very soon.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

You cried... but I laughed, as usual. Boy can I relate. Both munchkins here love to have their diapers off and it is a race to get clean ones on their squirmy twisting bodies before they pee. Kind of like trying to put a diaper on a fish. And while Shadow is good about going outside, it is mud season in the backyard so it takes mere seconds for him to race through the house leaving pawprints everywhere from the rugs to the couches to our bed. Dirt builds the baby's immune system - right?!!?

Shauna said...

Poor Mom! I feel your pain, those days are so hard. Hang in there!