Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Keeping Busy!!!

I have kept myself rather busy this week. It has helped with the waiting game.

At the beginning of the week, I bought a new computer and set it all up by myself. I then got quotes and arranged to get my roof reshingled (ouch). I finished putting up my gazebo. I installed a different infant car seat (long story).
On Wednesday, I hung out with Jo Ann and adorable 6 week old Michael. He is so tiny. We went to the Employment Services Office and inquired about maternity/adoption leave. It was a whole adventure for us. I love spending time with them. Jo-Ann lets me try Mommy things on Michael. I nearly put his diaper on backwards (no joke). Jo-Ann, who happened to be eyeing me by the sidelines, kindly redirected me. I do know that tabs go to the back... I think I just got nervous. Here's to hoping I don't diaper Aimée's head!!!

On Thursday, I met up with some very special people. I went to Kingston to meet Sarah who has just been adopted by Jaqueline and her husband from the same orphanage as Aimée. What a lovely little girl. It was amazing to see how well adjusted she is considering all that she has been through in the last month. I also got to meet Leslie and Jaqueline in person. Leslie and her family are patiently waiting for a referral, which I hope will happen very soon for them. Besides being blessed with a beautiful daughter, this adoption process has allowed me to meet some of the kindest people around. The day left me with warm fuzzies all over!

1 comment:

Leslie & Shaune said...

Michelle, it was such a pleasure meeting you! I cannot wait to hear from you FROM VIETNAM. I hope that happens very soon.

Hoping and praying you are on a plane shortly and enjoying Aimee in person.