Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, May 26, 2008

Mommy, Maman, Mom, Mama, mamamama any of these will do








It is official!!!!! Aimée is my daughter and we are a forever family. I am thrilled. She is sitting beside me as I type and is being entertained by the waitress. I have had a perma grin for the last 24 hours. We had our ceremony at 3pm (very nice but oh so hot). When we got home I bathed her and if I was not already drenched by the heat, I was with the bath. I was really nervous about the night because after the ceremony I was told by a nanny that the little miss was a little... hmmmm.... I think the word was difficult. She said that when she was 3 months, the nannies took turns (only one week at a time) caring for her because she always wants to be in someone's arms. She does want to be held all the time; but once asleep, I put her in her crib. It took a good 30 minutes of crying before falling asleep. My arms are not use to carrying her all the time. Hopefully, she will learn to sit in the stroller for more than 5 minutes at a time. She woke up 3 times and I fed her. She fell quickly asleep again and woke up with big smiles this morning at 5am. It was a very good first night!!!! Few!!! I worried for nothing. I am blessed. Today, we are off to the embassy for her passport.








9 comments:

Leslie & Shaune said...

ah, it does my heart good to see you there with her. congrats :) long time coming and no more waiting now!
i can't wait to meet her Michelle, she is so cute.

leslie

horths said...

She's gorgeous, her eyes speak volumes. So happy to see Maman with her babe!

Congrats, and looking forward to meeting the little principessa in person.

All our love,

Horths

Anonymous said...

I have to say that I may be an expert with...ummmmm....difficult (LOL) little girls that always want to be held.

I'm sure I have a few tips I can pass along :)

Lots of love - we're so excited for you.

Tanya

Shauna said...

WoooHooo! Congratulations! What a beautiful family! Love the photos!

Love,
Shauna, Pierre & Sophie Rose

your pal K. said...

At last! You look so great as a Mom! Your baby girl looks adorable! Can't wait to see you both! xo K.

Unknown said...

How wonderful, we are all so pleased for you. Looking foward to seeing you both soon.
Fiona, Allan & Brendan

Julie said...

Congrats Michelle,

We were at Mike and Carm's on the weekend and she told me you were in Viet Nam to meet your baby. She is beautiful! Can't wait for our turn...holy suitcases!?

Julie (Allard) MacDonald

Catherine said...

I am so thrilled for you!!! Jacqueline, my cousin, told me all about you and when we got our girls together this weekend we talked about you and all you would be experiencing this month with your new daughter :) Enjoy your time with her!!

acrossthepond said...

You look so blissfully happy and quite rightly so!! You have waited a long time for this all to happen and I wish you MUCH happiness. You certainly deserve it!! Good luck. I shall be thinking of you.

Tracy